05 janeiro 2010

Citações: John Frusciante sobre a saída dos RHCP

Num dia em que circula a notícia de que Josh Klinghoffer será o novo guitarrista dos Red Hot Chili Peppers (por exemplo no site musicradar.com), aqui fica um excerto da mensagem que Frusciante colocou no seu blog a explicar os motivos da sua saída:

"I really love the band and what we did. I understand and value that my work with them means a lot to many people, but I have to follow my interests. For me, art has never been something done out of a sense of duty. It is something I do because it is really fun, exciting, and interesting. Over the last 12 years, I have changed, as a person and artist, to such a degree that to do further work along the lines I did with the band would be to go against my own nature.  There was no choice involved in this decision. I simply have to be what I am, and have to do what I must do."

Fica, para recordar,  também o  mágico concerto dos Peppers de outros tempos em Slane Castle (Irlanda) (também disponível aqui.)

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário